- Go back to your fan page and click Edit Page (under the user pic).
- Scroll to the FBML application and click Edit.
- Customize the FBML tab. This is where you can create the magic. Type in your page title and HTML codes for whatever you wish. Here are some ideas:
- a) an image (a 760 x 477 pixel jpeg)
- b) a Facebook invite Friends code. (here is a great article explaining how to create an Invite Facebook Friends code)
- c) a welcome message
- Ensure this application will be added to your fan page’s tabs by going back to the “edit applications” screen and changing the status of FBML from “Available” to “Added.”
Step Three: Make the Landing Page the Default for Non-Fans
- Click on the Wall tab and click Settings.
- In the drop-down menu for “Default Landing Tab for Everyone Else,” select the tab you just created.
- Check the functionality of the landing page by logging out of Facebook and then entering the URL for your fan page. You should arrive at the landing page you just made.
With just a little bit of time and know-how, you can have a great welcome page for new fans that will showcase what your business is all about.
About Brian Waraksa
Brian Waraksa, founder of Raxa Design in Houston, Texas, has been in marketing and small business branding since 2002. He writes the Raxa Design blog about issues affecting small business marketing and corporate brands. Brian’s extensive work in web design, web marketing, and brand management gives him an edge as an Internet marketing consultant. As a result, Raxa Design is a respected digital and web marketing firm that has helped a lot of small businesses improve their website, search engine optimization, and social media presence.