Our mission is to restore the lives of orphans in partnership with churches, corporations, organizations and individuals who have a passion to help needy, parentless children.
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Matthew 6:19-21 —
Arch & Sherry Bonnema have taken over 300 humanitarian and short term mission trips, visiting 73 different countries. Their hearts have been deeply touched by the lives and needs they have encountered in Third World Countries around the globe. My House Ministries is their response to that tremendous need. Today there are over 15 million children who have been orphaned and that number is expected to climb to 20 million by the year 2010.
My House Ministries began as a private effort of Arch & Sherry Bonnema of Texas. They started by funding projects to restore the lives of orphans in the most desperate third world countries. The mission has grown as it has teamed up with other orphan focused organizations.
1. Building awareness of the despair faced by children around the world and the ways in which their needs can be addressed.
2. Providing resources that meet sustained spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs of children under our care.
3. Sharing the message of the transforming power of Christ’s love through words and action to each child.
4. Implementing the Biblical principle of caring for widows through involving them in our orphan care homes, when it is possible.
5. Partnering with other organizations to maximize efficiency through specialization.
6. Fostering development efforts that bring about self-sufficiency of individual homes and the children raised in them.
7. Maximizing the giving power of donors and sponsors through partnerships, matching grants and auditing programs.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God..
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
My House Ministries partners with and supports other like-minded organizations to effectively carry out our mission to minister to the orphans of this world.
>> Partner: Children of the Promise
"Imagine driving through the country side of a poor third world nation and seeing how people live without hope. Now imagine coming to a stop sign and being approached by a young mother. She asks you to take her newborn child because she is not able to care for the infant. Now imagine this scenario repeating itself 3 times in 6 days. What would you do?"
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
My House Ministries is a non-profit organization founded by Arch and Sherry Bonnema for the purpose of restoring the lives of impoverished widows and orphans in third-world nations.
Have Attended Live InHouston Netweaving Events (ever):
would like to
What are some of the ways sponsors help orphans and widows through My House?
~ Orphans’ lives depend totally on our ability to serve the needs that any family such as your own would have (i.e. housing, schooling, food, loving care, etc.). You can help them by contributing your time, talents, and resources. Sponsors help the most in these areas:
1. Whole home sponsorship - (My House Orphan Care is not a “child sponsorship” organization.) We look to individuals, groups and institutions to help fund the cost of raising the children.
2. Programs and special projects - By choosing areas of need such as the building or funding of projects related to septic systems, wells, vehicles, kitchens, emergency medical funds, bunk beds, etc., you affect the most basic issues of the boys and girls in the Church Home(s) you help.
3. General operating funds - Without faithful donors or grants to cover our operation costs, our growth will stagnate. Our core systems and infrastructure depends on it. This is the hardest money for My House Orphan Care to raise. We send 100% of all designated funds directly through to children’s programs and homes. That is made possible through mature givers who know the importance of tight controls and accountability that is maintained through the General Operating Fund. Operating expenses are not the most glamorous place to give, so we want to acknowledge the people and organizations that contribute their time, talent and resources so that others are blessed with a chance to serve the orphans and widows in specific ways.
4. Prayer - There are pictures of each individual child and their caregivers on each of the 50+ Church Home web sites. My House has a formal prayer list for orphans which may be obtained by request. In addition, we ask that you pray for the Church Pastors, field personnel and villagers whose response to the Holy Spirit brings a childhood to a child who might not have had one otherwise.
Are my gifts to My House tax deductible?
~My House is a 501 (c)3 charitable organization recognized by the IRS. All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Whether or not your gifts are deductible on your tax return may depend on your own financial situation and the tax form you use.
Urgent Needs and Compelling Desires of Target Market(s)
How are contributions and resources used in the field to support the rescue of children?
1. Government agencies, sponsors, the medical community and other agencies require an enormous amount of documentations in caring for orphans. My House has developed comprehensive methodologies and software to facilitate these required processes.
2. Our mission in all countries is to train nationals to do the work necessary to create and maintain records. This gives older children job skills. It is a wonderful way to get people in a position that serves the Lord while they are learning job skills that may start them on a life long career. To do this, My House has personnel both in the United States (USA) and in-country that focus on training people at the local level in the competencies necessary to make the overall operation as self sufficient as possible. The by-product of the training is that we can sometimes complete the work at a significantly reduced cost. Third world labor costs are sometimes a fraction of what they might be in the US.
3. We have developed software solutions to make it easier to utilize non-English speaking nationals to gather critical medical, demographic and epidemiological information in the field and send it back to the USA.
4. In the USA, My House has an internship program that focuses on communication between the field, sponsors and grantors. This involves maintaining some fifty Web sites to highlight and track the work being done specifically for the donors involved with that work. Images of children, general information about needs, and other relative information are posted to the web sites daily by interns. This is an effective way in which My House can serve the donor while also giving valuable Christian mission experience to youngsters in entering the workforce.
5. My House supports individuals and teams that go into the field to train indigenous persons in the skills needed to maintain the infrastructures required to care for the children and support the work of the Churches.
My House Ministries, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization recognized by the IRS. All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Opportunities said Target Market(s) would love to invest in
Adopt a home
Comment Wall (4 comments)
You need to be a member of InHouston to add comments!
Good day, How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very important to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site. Could you please get back to me on my private email(firstname.lastname@example.org) for the full details? Have a nice day and God bless you, elizabeth