Are you a seasoned sales professional with experience selling CNC machinery or parts? Do you pride yourself on providing top notch customer service and building strong relationships?
Makino is seeking a Technical Sales Representative for the Houston, Texas area. The Technical Sales Rep is responsible for the development of profitable sale of Makino products within the assigned territory through contacts, inquiries, services, advertising and correspondence, and involving continuous development of prospects or potential users of company line of machine tool products and accessories. This position works under the general direction of the Direct Office Sales Manager.
This role is responsible for:
- Organizing the work and planning activities for the most effective coverage of assigned sales territory. This includes scheduling calls, preparing itineraries, and contacting customers and prospects to discuss requirements, specifications problems or complaints.
- Arranging for quotations or proposals to be completed promptly, including new estimates of prices on special products.
- Furnishing all necessary specifications of customer requirements including prints, sketches or descriptive detail as required to process quotation/order and arranging for product demonstrations.
- Taking effective action on customer complaints; making minor repairs or arranging for service calls.
- Instructing customers in the general use and maintenance of new equipment to minimize product liability exposure.
- Maintaining daily records of activities, such as call reports and customer record forms and submitting regular and special reports as required in connection with calls, sales, complaints of customers, expense and other phases of sales activities.
- Writing orders and follow-up to insure delivery and expediting past-due shipments and keeping customer informed of major delays, changes or situations affecting delivery.
- Reviewing sales efforts and results in relation to forecasts or potential of territory.
- Creating surveys to determine customer acceptance or sales potential for new products or applications. Assisting servicemen and office personnel in resolving problems and clarifying details connected with field sales activities.
- Performing various other duties as directed or required.
Qualified Candidates should be a team player and a self-starter, and have:
- Bachelor degree in an engineering/technical/business discipline or related experience
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience in the manufacturing/milling industry
- Knowledge of CNC Machining and understanding of milling practices and processes
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills
- Good computer skills and knowledge working with MS Office
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Solid time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel as required
Makino is a world leader in metal cutting and manufacturing technology. At Makino employees enjoy a stable environment from a company that is highly recognized and respected for their products and has years of success and growth in the machine tool industry. We offer competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training.
A company is only as good as its people and Makino’s employees are the best. If you would like to be one of the best and are interested in experiencing job growth in a team environment, please apply now by visiting http://bit.ly/SETXSHR.
Learn More. Earn More. Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Visit www.makino.com to learn more.