I'd like to get people's opinions about green ideas especially green ideas in Houston.

What green projects have you had? What went right? What went wrong. What do you recommend?

Eric Standlee

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What green project did I start? I started a green marketing company focused on those businesses who have the same value system! Everything is right about it.

What I recommend: I recommend a simple shift in thinking to everyone. If you "train your mind to think sustainability and contribution" daily, slowly but surely your environment, your health and your world will shift. You'll notice opportunities where before you didn't think about it. You'll GET that your home, your health and your business can become green. No quantum leap is needed - just a little bit of training daily!

Just an fyi - I'm always open to suggestions and collaboration. If anyone has some thoughts, feel free to contact me directly or go to forGreen.com and post away.
Green Lily Events is an environmentally friendly event planning company. We create and design sustainable corporate and social events. With every event we provide recycling, composting, food repurposing and floral decor donation to senior centers. Our aim is to create landfill free events.

We are trendsetters in Texas for the green movement for the hospitality and event planning industry. If you have a green produce or service, please contact me at jessica@greenlilyevents.com
We invite you to check us out: www.greenlilyevents.com

Jessica
Hi Eric, There is an event happening in Houston tonight that I think might interest you but I don't know how to post it here. What is your e-mail. I will need to get you an invite so take a look and if you would like to attend please let me know right away. Thanks.

Kathryn MacDougall
phwaterwellness@live.ca
(514) 585-8855
I have just planted a garden here in Houston, with appropriate watering tools and to promote self dependency as well as sustainable energy (the food chain). In the process, I have begun composting just about everything and a group of us have joined together in a plant and information exchange program.
On the transportation issue, I have started using Mass transit instead of a private vehicle and using feet power instead of horse power. Looking at a bicycle to further promote this whole concept. Reminds me of my childhood in Tennessee....
As for U-verse, well, myself and AT&T have been going round and round with the system, 17 Service techs later and many hours invested in getting the system to work right (background with Cisco Systems) I finally took it upon myself to purchase a signal booster and install it myself. Problem fixed for 4 dollars and the frustration ended...
Also a member of Repower America.

So I am coming to the party late! 
I truly believe that it is our charge to be good stewards of the earth...we only have one!

Right now here in Houston, there is a company that is launch that has a 100% green energy plan.  My husband and I do our part in recycling and teaching our children to waste not want not. If you're interested in using 100% renewable energy to power your home or business please visit  http://www.ibourl.com/ixg

RSS

Click Here For Jobs Listings

Sponsors

This Month: [open]

Previous Recent Sponsors:

Cafe Monteverde

Featured Non-Profit:

Charity Cup

[more info here]

NEW Become a Sponsor

Latest Latest Activity on InHouston Feed Featured Blog Articles on InHouston

Add a comment to any profile you are viewing now

Working Capital

Need Cash To Grow?
B2B Company?
Request More Info

Advertising

All Blog Posts

Latest Activity

Josie Ramirez updated their profile
yesterday

InHouston
Newell Cheatheam shared their event on Digg
Tuesday

InHouston
Newell Cheatheam liked Newell Cheatheam's event InHouston katy primer business professional networking mixer
Tuesday

InHouston
Newell Cheatheam posted an event

InHouston katy primer business professional networking mixer at Texas Borders Bar and Grill

December 19, 2017 from 4pm to 7pm
Come out this month and enjoy networking over the holiday with some of Katy's wonderful business owners. Lots of business to be generated with our wonderful group of members.Meet new folks to grow your business to the next level. This Mixer was founded in 2008 by Newell Cheatheam and InHoston Business Professional Networking. Bring a lot of business cards. Donate a door prize and promote your business. Host: #NewellCheatheam. …See More
Tuesday
Adit updated their profile
Nov 3

About

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Eric Standlee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service